Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Curmudgeon-stylee

Evey time I use my browser's back button on our bank's website I get this message and have to log in again:

The browser's navigation functions and keyboard shortcuts have been disabled for security reasons and because the internet banking service has been designed to be more accessible to all customers, including those with disabilities.
Oh, really. I'm sure your disabled customers thank you for breaking the navigation metaphor used by every other web page and then providing a hopelessly inadequate internal navigation system with gems like:
clicking on 'back' will take you to your 'home' page
That's the back button on the web page, not the browser of course. They also have links that aren't visibly cued as links, a failure of accessibility and just bad design. Still, my cheque has cleared ;-)

No comments: